PRIVACY & SECURITY
- Security policy
- Payment authentication (3D secure)
- Access to information
- Customer ratings and review
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small encrypted text files that are stored on your computer or other device when visiting this website.
- Product Recommendations (we use the wisdom of the crowd to recommend relevant products to our customers)
- Track our sales
- Identify our affiliate shoppers (you may use shop our website through affiliates such as Quidco or Voucher Express to receive cashback on your Debenhams purchases)
- Product ratings & reviews
At no point do our cookies or those of our third parties store your personal payment information.
It is possible to turn off your cookies through your website browser settings however this will affect the functionality and experience of our site. Please visit the help section of your website browser to learn how to turn your cookie settings off.
Different types of cookies?
We have classified our cookies into two different types; First and Third party cookies. First party cookies are the cookies that Debenhams set to offer you a fully functional experience when shopping our site. Third party cookies are set by our business partners such as Social Media and Adobe Flashplayer, which we use to display video content.
First party cookies
|Name of cookie||Party||Purpose of Cookie|
|s_vi, s_vnum, s_cmdir, s_cm, sc_cvp55, sc_cvp56, sc_cvp58, sc_pib, __unam, sc_v20, s_lv, s_lv_s, s_invisit, s_nr, s_visitStart, sc_p1, sc_v19, sc_gpv_pn, sc_opv, s_cc, s_sq, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, __utmv, PREF||Site Catalyst||These cookies enable the function of Site Catalyst our analytics package provided by our partner Adobe. This allows us to generate statistical information such as visitor number, browser usage, shopping journey times and responses to our marketing activities. This information helps us to track our performance and to improve your journey on our website.|
|JSESSIONID, WC_SESSION_ESTABLISHED, WC_ACTIVEPOINTER, WC_PERSISTENT, WC_AUTHENTICATION_*, WC_USERACTIVITY_*, ibmSurvey, WC_USERACTIVITY_-1002, WC_GENERIC_ACTIVITYDATA, countrySelected||Debenhams/IBM||These are cookie files placed by our website provider IBM to enable you to add to your basket, browse our website and allow us to recognise our registered users and save their basket items.|
Third party cookies
|Name of cookie||Party||Purpose of Cookie|
|TMP,LGP,TMS, tmdts_sec, tmdts||Tagman||Tagman is an independent tag management system that enables Site Catalyst (see Analytics) and also our various marketing partners. This allows us to identify if you have entered our site from one of our affiliated partner sites (such as Vouchercodes.co.uk, Quidco) and allows us to identify which advertisements you have clicked on. Please note that each individiual advertiser uses its own tracking cookies and that the data accessed is not confidential or interchangeable. For more information on Tagman cookies and how to opt out globally, please visit http://eu.tagman.com/index.php.consumerprivacy.html|
|UID, UIDR||Scorecardresearch||These cookies are used for anonymous usage statistics.|
|test_cookie||Doubleclick services||Doubleclick services are used to manage third party cookies. The third party cookies are used to provide users with relevant products that might be of interest to you. The advertisements seen by users of the website are served by a small selection of third party ad serving providers, including Invitemedia, Adviva.net (Specific Media), MSN, Google Display and Unanimis. The cookies accompanying the ads allow them and their advertisers to monitor the effectiveness of the ads. How to reject or delete these cookies: http://www.advertising.com/privacy/advertisingcom/opt-out, http://www.mediamath.com/privacy/, http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/uk/yahoo/|
|__stid,__uset||Share This||These cookies enable you to share products you have found with your friends through printing, email sharing, bookmarking etc.|
|locale, datr, reg_fb_gate, reg_fb_ref||Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter||These cookies are required to enable our customers to share their shopping experiences through social media such as Facebook and Twitter etc. Please note that if you do choose to share through these social media providers that we don't control the setting of these cookies and we recommend that you check the provider's website for further information.|
We have tried to ensure that you our customers have full visibility of the cookies used on our website. Our website requires certain cookies to be enabled for you to be able to shop on Debenhams.com however if you would like to restrict or block cookies from this website you can use your browser to do so. Each browser allows you to restrict or block cookies in different ways so we recommend that you visit the Help section to learn how to set your preferences.
For further information about cookies and how to manage them visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Debenhams Retail plc is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 83395) with registered office at One Welbeck Street, London, W1G 0AA and is a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office.
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2011.
Information we may hold
Information that you have provided to us including but not limited to when you:
- purchase products through the Website, over the phone and/or through store kiosks
- submit rate and reviews
- use Debenhams applications on Facebook
- use the Debenhams mobile shopping application
- enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting
- sign up to marketing/newsletters including by email
- use our customer services web-chat facility
- Information you provide our partners and when you report a problem with the website.
- Information you provide to us when applying through the Website for registration, subscribing to any of our services or requesting further services.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them.
- Your IP address
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
- Information provided to us by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you
- Your name, age, date of birth, sex
- Billing and delivery postal addresses
- Phone and fax numbers
- Email addresses
- Usernames and passwords
- Payment card details
- Browsing and shopping activities
- Your customer queries
Information we request and hold includes but is not limited to the following:
We, or third party data processors who act on our behalf, may use the personal data you provide us in the following manner:
- To provide you with the requested goods and/or services including but not limited to processing and fulfilling your order and administering promotions such as competitions and prize draws.
- To monitor and improve the services and the Website
- To manage your marketing preferences.
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order.
- In the event that you purchase goods on the Debenhams' website, you may be sent an email requesting whether you would like to review your product.
- To verify your identity.
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call your provided telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information.
- Market research purposes
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements;
- In the detection and prevention of fraud.
- To assist with any of your customer queries
- For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations.
Where you have given your consent, we may use your personal data in the following manner:
From time to time, to inform you by post, email or other available means, of products, services, promotions and special offers from Debenhams plc Group of Companies.
We may disclose personal data we collect to third parties in the following manner:
- To administer your account and to disclose your details to our third party service providers for the purpose of processing and fulfilment of your order.
- We may pass your personal data to other companies to support our business operations, and or audit purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
- We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales and website usage to reputable organisations for research or analysis purposes only.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Debenhams plc Group of Companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- We do pass your details to Debenhams' approved Customer Service centres, who adhere to the UK Data Protection Acts 1998, and who will use this data solely for the purpose of answering your customer service queries.
- We may pass your information to third parties in order to fulfil and/or despatch your orders. The third party provider may send marketing material within the parcel or by post after fulfilment of your order.
Transferring data internationally
By using and/or shopping on the Website you consent to the transfer of your personal data to third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area ('EEA').
Payment Card details
We process your payment card details in order to complete your purchase that you made through the Website, mobile applications and the kiosk.
You may opt out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails.
At Debenhams we take your online security very seriously. Full details of how we protect the information you provide us are given below:
- When you place your order, you are offered the use of an advanced secure server. The secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
- As an additional security measure, credit card numbers are encrypted both before an order is processed and when stored on our database.
- For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you do not send credit card numbers by standard email but use the secure facility provided on this website
Protecting Your Information
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
PAYMENT AUTHENTICATION (3D SECURE)
Payment Authentication (3D Secure)
Your security is our highest priority, so we offer an additional step to give you peace of mind. Verified by Visa (VbV) and MasterCard®, Secure Code (MSC) (often referred to as 3-D Secure or Payment Authentication) acts like a Chip & Pin for your online purchases and protects you by asking for a secret password.
The new step within the payment process allows your card issuer to fully authenticate cardholders during the online purchase, reducing the likelihood of fraudulent usage.
For further details on 3D Secure please see our Help/contact us page.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Access to Information
You have the right to ask what personal data is held by us about you. We may charge a fee for this which will not exceed £10.00. You also have the right to have changed any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you. You may exercise your above rights by means of a request in writing to us at E-commerce (Customer Relations), Debenhams Retail plc, 1 Welbeck Street, London, W1G 0AA or by emailing us at email@example.com.
CUSTOMER RATINGS AND REVIEW
Customer Ratings and Review
When you submit a rating and review on the Debenhams Website and/or Facebook we request you provide the following information:
- Your nickname
- Your location (optional)
- Email address (optional - if you do submit your email address we do not publish it, but request it to inform you whether your review has been published or rejected)
We publish the following details on the Debenhams Website and on Facebook:
- Your nickname
- Your location if provided
- Your product rating and review
In addition, on the Facebook application you may have the opportunity to post various questions, reviews or other content.
Please note that you can change certain settings on Facebook related to the application through your account and privacy settings on Facebook.